Below you are going to read about Security Holes in the U.S defense and Intelligence agencies! A Hacker named “sl1nk” claims that he has:
- SSH access to a Network of 140 machine’s layer 1 to 3 in the Pentagon
- Access to APACS (automated personel air clearance system)
- Thousand’s of documents ranging from seizure of a vehicle up to private encryption key request forms.
- Database of all usernames/passwords of Webmail of Nasa.
- Access to ASSIST (Database for Military Specifications and Military Standards)
- Data Transformation Corporation’s FAA Sponsored DUAT Service
- Access to Government Gateway at http://www.gateway.gov.uk/
- Access to applicationmanager.gov
- Login access to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Login to Central Data Exchange | US EPA
We can’t say how much more access (sl1nk) has but this raises the question on Cyber Security !!
Cloud computing is unique in its ability to address these critical defense and intelligence mission needs. That’s why cloud computing is critical to our national defense. As a bonus, cloud computing offers DoD and Intelligence Community agencies the ability to increase efficiencies and incur marked cost savings during their life-cycles to alleviate some of the pressure of budget reductions. Moving IT operations to the cloud also will assist in enhanced collaboration.